Co-Managed IT Support and Services
Signs that your IT team may be overwhelmed and need help:
- Your staff is complaining about response time to open tickets
- Resolution to important issues is taking too long because your team is having to spend extra time researching the answer
- You notice the skill level of your employees hasn’t grown with the world of ever changing and evolving world of technology
- Your “IT person” wears multiple hats and has other jobs or responsibilities to handle
- You are losing potential business to competitors with superior technology solutions
- Your IT manager can’t take PTO because no one can cover their workload
There are many different ways to implement a co-managed IT support plan within your business. Businesses end up saving money when they implement a co-managed IT approach. If you have someone internally that can handle the day-to-day tasks and employee support but doesn’t have a wide range of skills, all high-level technology needs can be handled by Zog. Saving you from having to pay the salary of a seasoned IT expert and giving you access to an entire team of technology experts at a fraction of the cost.
Benefits of Co-Managed:
Does your team spend too much time “in the weeds” of day-to-day support?
A solid cybersecurity plan should include:
Zog will provide a SWOT analysis to evaluate your teams’ needs, skills, and priorities to divide responsibilities based on time, skillset, tools, and short and long-term goals.